It’s All About Me
by Gina Valley
It’s my birthday.
That tends to happen every year around this time.
I was thinking, since I’ve enjoyed getting to know so many of you, that, perhaps, you might enjoy getting to know a little bit more about me (if not, this won’t be your favorite post).
So, here, in no particular order, in honor of my birthday, are 38 facts about me:
- I can talk to anyone. Anyone. I once talked to someone who’d called the wrong number for 45 minutes (I might have done that more than once, but I won’t admit it).
- I’m a major shoe addict, especially high heels. But, no wedges. Wedges are the devil!
- My handwriting is worse than terrible.
- I can’t comprehend why NBA players miss so many free-throw shots. What is up with that?!?!
- I hate the taste of bacon, but I love the way it smells while it’s cooking.
- I never wear shoes in my house. I slip them off at church to. I think that’s ‘cause of the whole burning bush thing.
- When I’m driving alone I blast hard rock and push the speed limit.
- When I was a kid I learned how to play viola, saxophone, and piano (but not all at the same time).
- I hate green tea, but I drink it every day ‘cause it’s supposed to be good for me.
- I’ve marched in the Rose Parade twice
- I know nearly every line in every episode of Friends by heart. I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing.
- Chocolate chip ice cream with those little flakes of chocolate & chocolate ice cream are tied for my favorite ice cream flavor.
- I rarely eat chips, but when I do I use chopsticks. And my left hand. (I eat cheese puffs with a fork) (I hate getting that orange goo on my hands) (Isn’t there a word for that orange goo?).
- I don’t need a drop cloth when I paint (Sometimes I could use one when I eat, though).
- I’d really like to drive a tank. And a steamroller. And a Zamboni. But, not at the same time.
- My English is good. My Spanish is passable. My sarcasm is flawless.
- I have never been able to do a decent cart-wheel
- I love to throw surprise parties for others. I hate when they’re thrown for me.
- Once at a meeting, when the rude guy next to me wasn’t looking, I grabbed the mini-cookies he had next to his coffee & popped them in my mouth (rude people shouldn’t get cookies).
- If I don’t floss before bed I always dream that my teeth all fall out. Always.
- When my family drives thru a tunnel we always hold our breath & call out a fruit when we come out. I always say “Kumquat.”
- I painted our bar b q table pink. It took 4 coats. It looks awesome!
- My sisters & my mom are all nearly 6 feet tall or taller. I’m the runt at 5’ 6”
- I love to wear long dangly earrings, but can’t wear most necklaces because they bug my hyper-ticklish neck.
- When I was a kid I played on softball and basketball teams.
- My favorite Bible verse is Psalms 120:1 “I call on the Lord in my distress and he answers me” (I make that call a lot!).
- I always park on the same aisle in the Costco parking lot. (If I don’t, when I come out, I always think, for just a moment, that someone stole my car).
- My favorite movie is the original Das Boot with subtitles.
- Skydiving makes no sense to me. Why jump out of a perfectly good airplane?
- Airliners scare me. I don’t think they can glide.
- I love silk jammies, but hate satin.
- I have a degree in applied mathematics.
- I love peppermint gum. I hate spearmint gum. And, it has to be bubble-blowable.
- It grosses me out to have cake and ice cream on the same plate. Can’t have crumbs on my ice cream.
- I can’t sleep at night if any of my children are not home. By the time they get home from summer camp, I’m nearly comatose.
- If I don’t have my contacts in, or my glasses on, I bump into more stuff. A lot more.
- Monkeys and clowns freak me out. <shudder> I’m not a big fan of spiders, either.
- The beach is my most favorite place.
Remember, since it’s my birthday, cake has no calories today, so have at it.
Just be sure to use a separate plate for the ice cream.
Laugh Out Loud!
What are some details about you? Do you use chop sticks to eat chips, too? Shoot me a comment. You’re already here anyway, and I’m looking forward to hearing all about it.