Marriage Changes Us…Gina’s Favorites
by Gina Valley
Two of my sons are away at church camp this week, affording my hub and me a bit of unexpected privacy. I found myself laughing last night as we discussed how amazing it is to get to have a conversation uninterrupted for 20 minutes. Funny how that’s not what we would have been doing with that uninterrupted 20 minutes before we were married!
So, I thought it fitting to have my Marriage Changes Us post be our source for Throwback Day giggles this week.
Laugh along with this Gina’s Favorites post.
Marriage Changes Us
Jason Clark of @JasonTheDad shot out a tweet that made me literally laugh out loud. Thank you for that, by the way, Jason. Still giggling!
Here it is:
The wife finally agreed to set up a vid cam in our bedroom. Finally going 2 settle this who’s da bed hog & who snores fight once & for all.
— JasonTheDad (@JasonTheDad) September 19, 2012
Here’s my reply:
@JasonTheDad Lol! Your wife agreed to a cam in the bedroom & THATS what you want to do with it? 🙂
— Gina Valley (@GinaValley) September 19, 2012
His tweet didn’t just make me laugh. It made me think about how marriage changes us. I’m not saying that’s bad. Not saying it’s good. Just saying it’s different.
It’s really different.
And, it’s funny.
Pre VS Post
- Pre – night to see who’s the most adventurous
- Post – night to see who is snoring and hogging the bed (credit to Jason on this one!)
She says “I’m hot!’
- Pre – he tears off his clothes and jumps into bed
- Post – he jumps out of bed and turns on the fan
- Pre – standing date – dinner at a hip new restaurant and then seeing the latest hot movie
- Post -standing date – samples at Costco for dinner and then seeing if you can get the hot roast chicken home without it leaking all over the car
- Pre – trying to impress him before each date with perfectly polished toe and fingernails
- Post – pressing him into painting her toenails for her so she’ll look nice for her night out with the girls.
- Pre – sucking it in every time she so much as glances his way for the duration of the date
- Post – asking her to watch as he tries to push it out far enough to use it to operate the TV remote control
- Pre – she cooks her special spaghetti and meatballs dinner for him
- Post – she over-cooks water until it burns, then calls to ask him to pick-up pizza on the way home.
- Pre – dreaming about the exquisite, perfect geniuses your progeny would be
- Post – never dreaming because your progeny never let you sleep
- Pre – Her skivvies are beautiful and matching
- Post – if her skivvies are both clean she calls that a match
Underneath it all
- Pre – he slips into silk boxers he bought because they’re her favorite color
- Post – he slips into a pair of his Walmart cheapos that he found on the bedroom floor
- Pre – He asks her what her favorite part of their shared favorite movie is
- Post – He asks her if he has seen the movie they’re currently watching, and, when she says that he has, he asks her if he liked it.
- Pre – everywhere everyday just in case
- Post – only the basics without a two day advanced warning.
- Pre – candles burning in the bedroom to set the mood for romance
- Post – candles burning in the kitchen to cover up the stench created when someone didn’t take their turn at doing the dishes.
Which reminds me – it’s my turn today for dishes.
I wonder if we have any candles.
Laugh Out Loud!
What changed when you walked down the aisle? Shoot me a comment. I’m looking forward to hearing all about it.